In order to stop cravings, to stop overeating, to lose weight, and to lose disease, you need to reset your neurotransmitters. This is why my treatment combines traditional Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy with the CLEAN eating detox to permanently break the food-addiction cycle.
Here is are 10 things CLEAN can do for you:
1. Shut down insulin surges – and thereby arrest belly-fat storage and cravings
2. Improve your sensitivity to insulin – so you need less to balance your blood sugar, resulting in weight loss and health
3. Reduce cortisol – the stress hormone that increases cravings for sugar, promotes belly-fat storage, and taxes your internal organs
4. Lower ghrelin – the hunger hormone
5. Improve leptin sensitivity – in the brain, allowing your natural appetite-regulating system to work again
6. Increase peptide YY (PTT) – the intestinal hormone that acts like a brake on your appetite and makes you feel full after a meal
7. Increase dopamine naturally – and reset your brain’s reward pathways so you can feel pleasure with real food
8. Reset your taste buds – so real food tastes good again
9. Reduce Inflammation – (the problem at the root of almost all weight gain and chronic disease) by eliminating common food sensitivities, processed foods, and sugar, and by eating anti-inflammatory foods
10. Eliminate toxins – from your diet and life, and enhance your body’s ability to get rid of the stored toxins that reduce metabolism
An effective treatment program for an eating disorder or food addiction should address more than just your symptoms and destructive eating habits. It should also address the root causes of the problem—the emotional triggers that lead to binge eating and your difficulty coping with stress, anxiety, fear, sadness, and other uncomfortable emotions.
Therapy with Dr. Duke can teach you how to fight the compulsion to binge, exchange unhealthy habits for newer healthy ones, monitor your eating and moods, and develop effective stress-busting skills. Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps you to become more self-aware of how you use food to deal with emotions. Through addressing relationship problems and interpersonal issues that contribute to compulsive eating, Dr. Duke will help you improve your communication skills and develop healthier relationships with family members and friends. As you learn how to relate better to others and get the emotional support you need, the compulsion to overeat becomes more infrequent and easier to resist. Dr. Duke is also trained in mindfulness meditation, which teaches self-acceptance, increased stress tolerance, and improved emotional regulation. You choose the treatment style best for you.
If you are interested in the 4-week CLEAN program with Dr. Duke to change your relationship with food and improve physical functioning, please contact us today!
New group begins early Summer 2014
30-day group program
Meets Saturdays at 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Weekly Individual Therapy sessions and phone check-ins included
Physician-assisted supplements included
Change your biochemistry, change your life!